Welcome To The Helotes 4-H Riflery Project
The purpose of this site is to provide a variety of information to parents and participants about our rifle project and riflery in general . I will be updating this site on an ongoing basis and as new information concerning the rifle project becomes available.
Currently our scheduled meeting dates will be at 7pm on Wednesdays as follows:
Objectives of the 4-H Shooting Sports Program
The 4-H Shooting Sports Program strives to enable young people, their parents and adult volunteers to become responsible, self-directed and productive members of society. The specific goals and objectives of the 4-H Shooting Sports Program include but are not limited to those listed below:
- To encourage participation in natural resources and related natural science programs by exposing participants to the content through shooting, hunting and related activities.
- To enhance development of self-concept, character and personal growth through safe, educational and socially acceptable involvement in shooting activity.
- To teach safe and responsible use of firearms and archery equipment including sound decision making, self-discipline and concentration.
- To promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship and ethical behavior.
- To expose participants to the broad array of vocational and lifelong avocational activities related to shooting sports.
- To strengthen families through participation in lifelong recreational activities.
- To complement and enhance the impact of existing safety, shooting and hunter education programs using experiential educational methods and progressive development of skills and abilities
4-H Shooting Sports Guide
The club furnishes everything needed to participate in the Rifle Project. It is not necessary to purchase rifles, eye protection, ammo, etc. unless you choose to do so. In fact, I don’t recommend you purchase expensive equipment unless you are sure a participant is truly committed to remaining in the project.